A downloadable game for Windows
STAR JAR is fuzzy chaos romancing the night sky.
Weird stuff happens while we sleep. Maybe this is some of it.
- Three minutes of shooting-star bullet hell. Catch as many as you can and survive until dawn. Fill lots of jars and nab colored stars for bonus points, but don't get smashed.
- Higher scores = better endings. Four possible variations.
- Three difficulty levels = three different kinds of wrist injury.
- Hand-drawn low-res low-color pixel art. Maximum potential for misinterpretation.
- Plays best loud in a dark room.
This is version 1.0.3, and (hopefully) represents a complete experience. Thinking about a scoreboard later if folks are interested.
Features strobe effects that might be visually disturbing. They can be turned off in the options menu.
Requires a mouse and keyboard to play. Currently Windows only. OSX and Linux soon.
Please view the README for full audio credits and a more extensive explanation of gameplay options.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.